Wednesday when I got the phone call that my grandfather may not make it through the day, I was wrecked. I was never quite the granddaughter that I wanted to be. I never said any of the right words or spent enough time... But now is not time for regrets. Only time for moving in the right direction from now on. I'm a large believer in not regretting, but once we realize the wrongs we have made - to make constant progression into being a better, happier person.
But enough of that soapbox...
Thursday afternoon I rushed home with my grandmother and uncle who were coming up from Florida. We met up with my other uncle who was up from Tennessee. It was tough. I had never seen him look so bad. He was sad and in pain. He was uncomfortable. I said goodbye to him, which was a little rushed because my step-grandmother came in and wanted to talk to him. Part of me is afraid that I'll never get to see him again, but I'm grateful that I had those 45 minutes in that hospital room talking to him about life and hearing some of his stories. I will never regret that morning.
I also had to say goodbye to Jim this evening. He has been more supportive and loving than I could ever hope for or ask for. I am blessed. I don't like saying goodbye. Even if it is for a few weeks at a time. Weekends are too short.
So - with that said. I'm tired of goodbyes for a couple days. I'm just tired in general.
However, I'm looking forward to work in the morning. I thoroughly enjoy working with the people that God has blessed me with knowing and working with. Always a fun adventure. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment