Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

...The Lord gives and the Lord takes away...
Blessed be the name of the Lord!

I'm safe. I hurt. but I'm safe...

I lost my Christmas spirit last week after a Burger King employee helped themselves to my debit card and bank account... Sitting $800 in the hole when you know that you didn't do it and that the bank is working on getting it back is... well... trying.

Then I was faced with the challenge of starting all new traditions this year. Being watched as I opened gifts that were generic as can be because the family didn't know me... Ugh. Part of me wishes I could just sit and watch instead of receive sympathy gifts. Oh well. That is over.

But the kicker... Christmas Eve we were in a car accident that left my car pretty much immobile. Dad had to take us to Frankfort to be with Jim's family and pick up his car. My car will be totalled out probably tomorrow. We're looking at new cars to see what might be affordable at the moment. All with the stress of needing to get back to the office...

I'M SO TIRED.

Yet I sit up late at night and write... Because, well, it's Christmas. And inspite of everything, I'm blessed beyond all reason. I have a family that loves me. A new family that's willing to have me. And a man that loves me and wants to take care of me. Most importantly, though... a God who knows every hair on my head and knows how many stars are in the sky... that same God - He loves me, and knows where I'm at. He will take care of me. He will never leave me or forsake me, and THAT is the greatest Christmas gift of all...

Oh and... In exactly 4 months, I will be a wife. I couldn't be more ready...

No comments: