Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh What a Day

There is something in the simplicity and the complexity of this weekend that has me thoroughly content and satisfied. The slower pace of the day has been completely refreshing. Spending the entire day with my husband cooking, cleaning, and shopping together has been so uplifting.

I am learning that I must set boundaries for myself. I miss having lazy weekends and getting things done. I'm pretty sure it's been since college that I wasn't staying put during weekends. I feel like I'm constantly on the road or out with people all weekend. It's taking its toll. There is a great need I have for balance, and luckily I'm learning that! I'm looking forward to seeing how the coming months pan out. I'm hoping to slip more and more into a steady rhythm that keeps our home clean, content and in order.

In regards to the Valentine's day weekend so far, it's been wonderful. :) My husband has been giving me little gifts along the way. A dozen red roses greeted me on Friday afternoon with a wonderful card. Then a movie this morning with yet another note. A bottle of wine this evening with yet another touching card... And a gift or two left yet!

Looking forward to tomorrow. :) I wish I had relaxing weekends like this more often!

No comments: