Saturday, June 12, 2010

And the beat keeps runnin...

I have this song running through my head....



I am on a new regimen. I'm starting to run. I've been looking at a lot of old pictures lately and realized how much weight I've put on since college and since I've been married... I'm no longer going to use the excuse that I'm happy in my body and with my weight, because that's simply not true.

No, I don't hate myself or my appearance at all. That's not true either. I just realize that if I don't take care of my body now, I'm going to continue on a downward trend of gaining. So here I am. Tackling the Couch to 5K plan.

I'm liking it so far. I've ran twice this week. The first time, on Thursday evening about killed me. I ran with Jim and he set the pace. It was just slightly too fast for me. And we also got the intervals mixed up so we ended up jogging way too much for our first time out. I came home, collapsed, and was in pain the next day.

This evening, I came home and decided to go out by myself since Jim was out this evening. And lo and behold... Wah la! I finished with flying colors! I even had enough energy to do a power walk home.

So here's to feet hitting the pavement and to the pounds that are going to shed. Here's to adjusted diets and being mindful of the junk I'm putting into my body. Here's to being fit, trim, and full of energy. Here's to being a hot momma when the time is right.

No comments: