Thursday, March 26, 2009

5'3.75" - 165 lbs.

OK - now most women shirk from posting their weight somewhere, and maybe I'll regret this post in a bit, but... whatever. It's a number. It doesn't define me. But please forgive this mini rant....

I am proudly 5' 3.75" and 165 lbs (on average).

The AVERAGE woman in the United States is 5' 3.8" tall (source). The average woman in the United States is 162.9 lbs. (source).

WHY DO CLOTHES NOT FIT ME????????

Why is it one disappointing trek out after another? Why am I forced to wear "petite" and "short" pants? Why am I doomed to forever be "curvy".

I want them to start putting REGULAR and NORMAL on clothes that I wear. Not because I have a complex - because clothes that fit me are invisible. They DON'T exist. I don't know who wears all the clothes that are for sale in the mall... They don't fit this girl-next-door-average-apple-pie-eating-American-football-loving-Midwestern-woman. I just do not understand.

(This is just for miscellaneous clothing items - don't EVEN get me started on jean shopping...)

Can I get a witness???

I now conclude this public service announcement. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

embrace your curves :) they're HAWT

Kindall said...

I love you. And I agree that it's a problem. I'm 5' 7.5" 160, and nothing fits me either.