Monday, May 11, 2009

this is the place, this is the moment.

So I'm finally "home". It's still a bit odd to be in Lexington and consider it home. Just never a place that I thought I'd end up. Though, I must say, it's good to be here. The apartment is starting to look like a place that has been lived in. Curtains are going up and hopefully wall hangings soon. There are still returns sitting in the back bedroom, but I'm sure we'll get to them soon.

Today is also the first day that I've been away from Jim for any length of time since we got married. It's been great, but I must say it's nice to be alone for a few moments. I'm excited for him to come home this evening and share a meal together. I'm cooking one of my favorite dishes of my mom's. I'm even thinking about cleaning off the deck and eating out on the patio this evening. It looks like a perfect evening for it.

The job search is still on. There was a job that I found that was ABSOLUTELY everything I wanted in a job. Unfortunately, they didn't hire anyone - just did some internal shifting to fill the position. I was incredibly disappointed, however that just means there's something out there that's a better fit for everyone involved right now. I just have to find it. I'm anxious to do so.

Well there is much to be done around the house, so I should hop to it before Jim gets home. I kind of rather like this whole house-wife thing. I wish it could last. Maybe someday.

2 comments:

hlpie said...

you're a married wommmmannnn so awesome! :)

andrew said...

:) I know how long you've desired this. I'm glad for you.