I have been pondering home lately.
What it means, where it is...
I ran to Evansville this weekend. Like - literally. Within an hour of getting home from work, it was decided that I was homesick and needed to come. I spent all day Saturday with a couple of my best female friends. Oh how I long for that again.
I miss the organic nature of my relationships on campus. I miss running across campus to take care of someone in the wee hours of the night. I miss having people constantly around me to remind me to breathe, to relax, to take time out to play a video game or get a cup of coffee. I miss the countless number of people who would drop everything to pray and study the Bible with me.
I'm tired of a lack of a support system. I'm ready to go home. Where ever that may be. Somewhere where I can put a few roots down and make a couple of friends that are all my own. A body of believers to pray for me and support me through the hard times. A place that I can contribute and use my talents to the fullest of my abilities.
That place is my home. Where ever that is - Atlanta or Lexington with Jim. That's where I want to be.
2 comments:
We need to talk soon!
Isn't amazing how useless words can be to express what we want to say? I miss last fall (which I'm surprised to find myself saying :), I miss last spring.
Post a Comment